Careers in the meetings and events industry are varied and exciting, including: meetings; conferences; exhibitions; business events; special events; incentives; public events/festivals and more.
These industry sectors cover a wide range of services:
- Meetings and events services include managing domestic and international conferences and meetings, destinations and incentives management and special events management. They also include attractions, purpose built convention and exhibition centres, vessels, resorts and a range of hotel, boutique and special/unique locations for meetings, conventions and exhibitions. Convention, visitor bureau and tourism organisations are included in this sector
- The exhibitions sector specialises in exhibitions and tradeshows which provide opportunities for people to view new products, network with people with similar interests, catch up with new technology etc
Education, including ongoing professional development, is important because, along with Accreditation, Recognition and Awards programs, it raises the standard of practice for industry personnel. With raised standards, the reputation of the individual as well as the industry as a whole will increase, as will consumer confidence.
Earning the reputation as a professional industry will have valuable and far reaching effects – not the least of which will be the potential to bring into line charges and fees with actual hours worked.
MEA offer an extensive range of education and professional development solutions and subjects annually around Australia :
- As a Registered Training Organisation, MEA can run and assess for units toward a Diploma of Event Management or Certificate IV in Tourism (Sales & Marketing)
- Can provide customised corporate training for companies
- Continually run Professional Development sessions ranging from a couple of hours on specific industry related topics covering new information, recommendations and concerns, to an intensive 3.5 day residential course – Executive Certificate in Meetings & Events Management
- The National Annual MEA Conference is also a valuable event to attend for education and networking purposes
Please note: terms and conditions for all job listings apply. Please see below for details.
To find out more, please contact the MEA national office at email@example.com or phone 02 9929 5400, or contact your state MEA officer.